Autumn 2020 update
Following the government announcement on 22 September that conferences and exhibitions will not reopen from 1 October, the venues hosting our autumn training have taken the decision to cancel all of our autumn events. These include:
- Actions for Autumn – New exams officers
- Exam changes 2020/2021 – Exams office staff
- Exam changes 2020/2021 – Senior leaders and line managers
We would like to apologise to all delegates who had booked onto these training events and offer the following alternatives:
- Option 1 – A full refund of £195 (+ vat)
- Option 2 – Purchase of a Delegate Pack and a £50 (+ vat) refund.
The Delegate Pack will include:
- Access to both the new exams officer Actions for Autumn and Exam Changes 2020/2021 videos – these will be PIN number protected.
- A booklet containing the relevant slide set for the event originally booked
- JCQ Instructions for conducting examinations booklet (1 copy)
- The Exams Office documents:
- Policy checklist (2 copies)
- Invigilator training record (2 copies)
- Exam room checklist/incident log (2 copies)
- Exams Desk Diary (2 copies)
- Exams Wall Planner (2 copies)
- TEO facemasks (pack of 10, individually sealed)
PIN numbers will be emailed to delegates once the videos are available on our Online Portal.
- The Actions for Autumn video training will be available in mid-October (please note that the Actions for Autumn video training content has been slightly reduced from the face-to-face version)
- The Exam Changes 2020/2021 video training will be available in early November. A follow-up ‘Questions and Answers’ video will also be available in early December.
Delegates who had booked onto these events have been emailed. However, if you would like more information please email Training@theexamsoffice.com
Early each autumn term, The Exams Office training section – Exams Training – hosts a series of events across the country developed specifically for experienced exams officers focusing upon exam changes for the new academic year and the impact upon your role and exams administration and management in your centre.
Experts from The Exams Office deliver this full day event to prepare experienced exams officers for the new academic year with a comprehensive summary of the exams-related changes from JCQ, Ofqual and the DfE. They are also available throughout the day to answer your questions.
No other organisation provides such a comprehensive summary of the exam changes for the new academic year
All courses contain a range of table-based activities to aid understanding, share good practice and network with colleagues.
All events start at 9.15am (registration from 8.45am) and finish by 4pm
Exam changes (JCQ, DfE and Ofqual) for the new academic year and the impact upon your centre
A full day course focusing upon the JCQ changes for the 2020/2021 academic year from a range of JCQ publications including:
- Instructions for conducting examinations
- General Regulations for Approved Centres
- Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments
- A guide to special consideration
- Instructions for conducting non-examination assessments
Delegates will receive information from the DfE and Ofqual relating to changes for the new academic year.
There will also be demonstrations of the key features contained with The Exams Office Online Portal and our online tools and assessment modules.
The exam changes for the new academic year will be clearly explained by our presenters, with time allocated to discuss the impact of these changes upon your centre with your peers.
|No. of delegates||Discounted price||Non-discounted price|
- Discounted prices apply to members of The Exams Office and OCR centres
- Discount applies to attendance at one event
- Prices are exclusive of VAT
Dates and venues
|Bristol||Thursday, October 01, 2020||Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, BS3 2EJ||Cancelled|
|Coventry||Monday, October 05, 2020||Ricoh Arena, Judds Lane, CV6 6GE||Cancelled|
|London||Thursday, October 08, 2020||Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington, SE11 5SS||Cancelled|
|Leeds||Tuesday, October 13, 2020||Hilton City, Neville Street, LS1 4BX||Cancelled|
|Manchester||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, M16 0RA||Cancelled|
|London||Tuesday, December 01, 2020||Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington, SE11 5SS||BOOK NOW|