Early each autumn term, The Exams Office training section – Exams Training – hosts a series of events across the country developed specifically for experienced exams officers focusing upon exam changes for the new academic year and the impact upon your role and exams administration and management in your centre.
Experts from The Exams Office deliver this full day event to prepare experienced exams officers for the new academic year with a comprehensive summary of the exams-related changes from JCQ, Ofqual and the DfE. They are also available throughout the day to answer your questions.
No other organisation provides such a comprehensive summary of the exam changes for the new academic year
All courses contain a range of table-based activities to aid understanding, share good practice and network with colleagues.
All events start at 9.15am (registration from 8.45am) and finish by 4pm
Exam changes (JCQ, DfE and Ofqual) for the new academic year and the impact upon your centre
A full day course focusing upon the JCQ changes for the 2020/2021 academic year from the following publications:
- Instructions for conducting examinations
- General Regulations for Approved Centres
- Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments
Delegates will receive information from the DfE and Ofqual relating to changes for the new academic year.
There will also be demonstrations of the key features contained with The Exams Office Online Portal and our online tools and assessment modules.
The exam changes for the new academic year will be clearly explained by our presenters, with time allocated to discuss the impact of these changes upon your centre with your peers.
Dates and venues
|Bristol||Thursday, October 01, 2020||Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, BS3 2EJ||BOOK NOW|
|Coventry||Monday, October 05, 2020||Ricoh Arena, Judds Lane, CV6 6GE||BOOK NOW|
|London||Thursday, October 08, 2020||Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington, SE11 5SS||BOOK NOW|
|Leeds||Tuesday, October 13, 2020||Hilton City, Neville Street, LS1 4BX||BOOK NOW|
|Manchester||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, M16 0RA||BOOK NOW|
|London||Tuesday, December 01, 2020||Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington, SE11 5SS||BOOK NOW|
|No. of delegates||Discounted price||Non-discounted price|
- Discounted prices apply to members of The Exams Office and OCR centres
- Discount applies to attendance at one event
- Prices are exclusive of VAT
In light of the current health situation, the following measures have been put in place:
- Social distancing measures, in line with government and venue requirements, will be observed at all events
- For training events taking place in from September 2020 to March 2021 (inclusive) invoices will not be sent to delegates until 8 weeks prior to the event
- Payment will be due at least 14 days prior to the event
- Upon receipt of the invoice, if a delegate does not wish to attend, they can cancel their place at no cost. We must be informed of any cancellation via email and at least 14 days prior to the event
- If an event is cancelled at short notice due to government restrictions, delegates will be given the option to receive course materials and access the training via an online video at a cost of £95
- If a delegate opts to access the online training video, and their invoice has been paid, the difference will be refunded or a £100 credit offered for a future training event – this must be taken within 12 months
- Access to our online training videos will be password protected and available until the end of February 2021