DATA PROTECTION/PRIVACY NOTICE
Exams SOS Limited T/A The Exams Office
On 25 May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force, intended to give us all more control over how our personal information is used and to make it quicker and easier for us to check and update the information organisations hold about us.
What is GDPR?
GDPR (also known as the General Data Protection Regulation) is a new European framework for data protection laws. It gives you greater protection and rights and will give you more control over how your data is used.
The Exams Office considers the way it collects, manages and protects Personal Data an utmost priority. Protecting the confidentiality and integrity of its member centres’ Personal Data is a key responsibility for The Exams Office and its Staff.
The Exams Office has never and will never collect any information from our members which is not freely already available within the public arena, such as centre names, National Centre Numbers (NCNs), centre addresses and the contact details of individuals working within exam centres.
The Exams Office will only use data collected to:
- Ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner
- Authenticate you when you register
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and The Exams Office
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from The Exams Office or which we feel may interest you, where we are legally entitled to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
- To gather statistics about membership to The Exams Office
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your consent to do so
- Need the personal data to perform a contract with you
- Need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests and only where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time, and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information)
As we have always done, we will only collect, use, and store the minimum amount of data required to effectively operate as a membership subscription organisation.
Telephone: 0333 7000 755
Post: The Exams Office, PO Box 6333, Warwick, CV34 9QF