The Exams Office offers two options for training delivered directly to your invigilators by one of our trainers
In-house Invigilator Training
(Face-to-face training in the centre)
This is a half-day, certificated training session which is suitable for new and experienced invigilators, and those invigilating and facilitating access arrangements.
The following areas are covered during this training session:
- The qualities required to invigilate
- Invigilation arrangements
- The role of an invigilator
- What does the JCQ expect of me as an invigilator?
- What invigilators must/must not do
- Preparing for the examination
- At the beginning of the examination
- During the examination (including dealing with irregularities, malpractice and emergencies)
- At the end of and after the examination
- Instructions for conducting On-screen tests (optional)
- Exam regulation changes for the current academic year
- Invigilating and facilitating access arrangement candidates (including the roles/rules – of a reader, scribe, practical assistant, prompter – and other main access arrangements)
- Supporting your exams officer
To request a booking, please email contact@TheExamsOffice.com
The cost of this training is confirmed by direct negotiation with the trainer (dependent on time and distance of travel to training venue)
Below is an indication of the minimum cost (exclusive of VAT and depending on trainer travel and possible overnight costs):
- 25 invigilators or less from £325 (Non-members from £395)
- 26 – 50 invigilators from £425 (Non-members from £495)
- 50+ invigilators from £10 per invigilator (Non-members from £13 per invigilator)
Regulation Changes training
(Online update session conducted via Zoom/Teams)
For the 2022/2023 academic year, we will be taking bookings for an online zoom/teams session with one of our subject matter experts to update your experienced invigilators/existing invigilation teams in JCQ regulation changes for the current academic year.
This session will cover all changes in JCQ’s Instructions for conducting examinations publication which are relevant to invigilators in the conducting of examinations, and will meet JCQ requirements for ‘an update meeting to be held for the existing invigilation team so that they are aware of any changes‘.
This online training session will reduce costs for centres, and save time for exams officers and invigilators.
- Cost – £85 (+vat)
- Time – Approximately one hour/90 minutes – this includes covering all changes and answering questions from invigilators. The session can also be extended to address centre-specific issues – this will need to be confirmed at the time of booking
- Booking – Email email@example.com for more details or to book your session for the 2022/2023 academic year
Neither The Exams Office or our trainers take any responsibility for the actions of invigilators in examinations following this training. Trainers will deliver a pre-defined training programme, and it is the responsibility of the centre to ensure that invigilators are familiar with specific centre requirements.