The Exams Office offers bespoke support specifically designed for those recently appointed to the role of exams officer/manager
I am new to the role, where do I start?
As a starting point, The Exams Office suggests you first refer to A GUIDE TO STARTING YOUR NEW ROLE and take the following steps:
- Refer to the INDUCTION SUPPORT GUIDE
- Refer to the latest MONTHLY SUPPORT GUIDE
- Refer to the EXAMS KEY TERMS GLOSSARY (as required)
- View relevant available TRAINING VIDEOS which cover the management, administration and conducting of examinations
- Attend a NEW EXAMS OFFICER TRAINING event
- Start (as a minimum) sections 1 and 2 of the NEW EXAMS OFFICER INDUCTION AND ASSESSMENT MODULE
Signpost your senior leader/line manager to our CHECKLIST FOR SENIOR LEADERS/LINE MANAGERS
Locate a locally run exams officer network
For additional support, face-to-face network meetings are a great place to meet fellow Exams Officers and exchange useful advice and guidance – if you’re interested in finding your local network then take a look at OCR’s network map across England
The Exams Office takes no responsibility for any outcomes in centres as a result of the information provided on our website or within our documentation. It is the responsibility of centres to apply this information as they deem necessary within their own centre. You should always contact/refer to the relevant awarding body for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their qualifications.