What are The Exams Office online assessments?
These are modules and digital accreditations designed to inform, self-assess and measure the understanding of users
Modules currently available are:
- Invigilator Training and Assessment Module
- New Exams Officer Induction and Assessment Module1
- Senior Leader/Line Manager Training and Assessment Module
- Invigilator Digital Accreditation (IDA) – launched September 2020
- Exams Officer Digital Accreditation (EODA) – to be launched in mid 2021
1may also be relevant to colleagues acting as an exams assistant or appointed to cover the exams officer role as a contingency measure
How to access online assessments
- Login to the Online Portal
- From the Members (Resources) area select Assessment Portal
- From the Assessments page, select the required module or digital accreditation
About the modules and digital accreditations
A summary of each is provided below -click on a heading for further details
These resources are reviewed and updated each academic year in line with any changes to JCQ regulations and instructions for conducting examinations
This module is designed to support the training of invigilators by informing and measuring understanding
The module contains four individually certificated units and invigilators may undertake any or all of the units as relevant to their role/experience as guided by their exams officer/centre
The units are:
- (Unit 1) New invigilators
- (Unit 2) On-screen tests
- (Unit 3) Regulation changes for experienced invigilators
- (Unit 4) Access arrangements (for invigilators supervising candidates and facilitators supporting candidates
This timed assessment has been newly launched for the 2020/2021 academic year.
The Invigilator Digital Accreditation (IDA) covers the following areas in relation to the invigilator role:
- Section 1 – Invigilation arrangements
- Section 2 – Preparing for an examination
- Section 3 – At the beginning of the examination
- Section 4 – During the examination
- Section 5 – At the end of, and after, the examination
- Section 6 – On-screen tests
- Section 7 – Invigilating and facilitating access arrangements
There is no limit on the number of attempts, and each section can be completed individually over a period of time.
Invigilators must achieve a 100% pass rate to acquire an online certificate.
Launching mid 2021
Designed to support a new exams officer’s induction to their centre and the exams process/exam cycle by informing, self-assessing and measuring understanding
Designed to support senior leaders/line managers (responsible for exams) through the exam cycle and in supporting their exams officer by informing, self-assessing and measuring understanding
The Exams Office takes no responsibility for any outcomes in centres as a result of the information provided on our website, Online Portal or within our documentation. It is the responsibility of centres to apply this information as they deem necessary within their own centre. You should always contact/refer to the relevant awarding body for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their qualifications.